Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 20 mins
The unicorn craze isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
Create these cute Unicorn Cupcakes by downloading our Unicorn Cupcake Wrap design.
It’s as simple as download, print and wrap around a classic vanilla cupcake with buttercream icing.
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Line 12, ⅓ cup capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Place butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer, beating until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Fold in flours and milk alternately until combined and mixture is smooth. Spoon mixture between patty cases and bake for 20-22 mins until just golden and top springs back when pressed. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For buttercream, place butter in a bowl and using electric beaters, mix until smooth. Add icing mix, water and food colouring, mixing well. Transfer to a piping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe swirls on the top of cupcake.
- Download the unicorn cupcake wrap and print. Cut out and wrap around cupcake base, sticking at the back to lock into place.