Mixed Berry Clafoutis
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 35 mins
A warming dessert perfect for the cooler months. This Mixed Berry Clafoutis can use any of your favourite seasonal berries.
- ⅔ cup (160ml) milk
- ⅔ cup (160ml) pouring cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (110g) CSR Caster Sugar
- ¼ cup (35g) White Wings Plain Flour
- 2 cups (300g) frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease a 1.5-litre (6-cup) ovenproof dish.
- Combine milk, cream, cinnamon and extract in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Remove from heat; discard cinnamon.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until light and frothy; whisk in flour, then gradually whisk in cream mixture.
- Sprinkle berries into dish; pour cream mixture over berries. Bake about 35 minutes or until browned lightly and set.
- Serve clafoutis warm, dusted with sifted icing (confectioners’) sugar, with whipped cream or ice-cream, if you like.