Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
These beautiful Meringue Kisses are not hard to make! Sammy & Bella from Kitchen Rescue have shared with us their favourite Meringue Kisses recipe using Davidson plum powder for a touch of fancy.
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 175g CSR Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbs freeze dried Davidson plum powder or any freeze dried fruit powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper and make sure you pop some meringue under the baking paper to stop it from moving.
- In a large, clean bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- Add cream of tartar, then gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves. Continue to whisk on high for 3 mins. Check the consistency by rubbing a small amount between your fingertips to check for smoothness and make sure all sugar has been incorporated, then whisk in the vanilla essence and Davidson plum powder.
- Put meringue mix into a piping bag and pipe little kisses onto prepared baking tray. (Alternatively you can use a teaspoon and put small spoonfuls onto tray). Reduce the oven temperature to 90°C.
- Bake meringues for 1 hr 30 mins. Turn oven off and leave meringues in the oven to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.