Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30-35 minutes
Have you used CSR Monk Fruit Classic in your baking yet? It is a great sugar substitute with 25% less calories compared to regular white sugar but with the same taste!
- 1 cup CSR Monk Fruit Classic
- 2 even sheets of Pampas shortcrust pastry
- 2 Tablespoons of White Wings all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Line a square baking tray with baking paper and place one shortcrust sheet on the bottom of the baking tray. Bake it at 180°C for 6-8 minutes. In the meantime prepare the lemon mixture.
- Sift the sugar and flour together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, lemon juice. Add to the flour and sugar mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Take the crust out of the oven and pour the lemon mixture over the baked shortcrust.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160°C and bake for 15 minutes. Then place the second shortcrust sheet on top and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the bars out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Once the bars are completely cool, transfer to the fridge to set for 2 hours (or overnight). Dust the lemon bars with CSR Monk Fruit Classic and serve cold.
Credit: @Monika_in_oz (Instagram)