Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Hop to it and create Easter Bunny Cupcakes in under 50 minutes. With their marshmallow bunny ears and coconut “fur”, these Easter Bunny Cupcakes make a delightful Easter treat.
- 1⅔ cups White Wings plain flour
- 1 cup CSR Caster Sugar
- ¼ tsp bi-carb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
Coconut Meringue Icing:
- 4 egg whites
- 300g CSR Caster Sugar
- 1½ tbsp glucose syrup
- 2 tsp coconut essence
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 12 marshmallows cut in half diagonally
- Pink sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 160 °C fan-forced. Place cupcake liners into a muffin tray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way. Bake 18-20 mins. Allow to cool for 1-2 mins, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- For the icing, combine all ingredients, except coconut essence, with ⅓ cup water in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Beat with electric beaters for 7 mins or until thick, glossy and doubled in volume. Transfer to an electric mixer and whisk on high speed for 5 minutes or until cooled. Add coconut essence, and whisk to combine.
- Top cupcakes with coconut meringue icing. Cut marshmallows in half diagonally and dip into sprinkles to create bunny ears. Sit bunny ears on top of the meringue icing & sprinkle with coconut.