Easter Bunny Cinnamon Scrolls
The Easter Bunny has some special treats this year! These Easter Bunny Scrolls are a classic cinnamon scroll turned into an Easter treat. Bake with kids and have some fun putting on your decorating hats!
Baking hack - Click here to make things a little easier by using White Wings Crafted Cinnamon Scrolls packet mix.
- 150ml lukewarm milk
- 2 tbs CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp (1 sachet/ 7g) dried yeast
- 75g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (300g) White Wings plain flour
- 1 cup (160g) coarsely chopped sultanas
- Egg wash: 1 egg yolk mixed with 2 tsp milk
- 20 yellow smarties
- 10 pink smarties
- 1/3 cup (75g) CSR Dark Muscavado Sugar
- 60g softened unsalted butter
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (120g) CSR Pure Icing Sugar
- 3 tsp milk
- Combine milk, ½ tsp caster sugar and yeast in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 mins until frothy. Add the butter and egg and whisk to combine. Combine flour and remaining sugar in a large bowl; add the milk mixture and stir until a wet dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8 mins until smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl, cover with cling wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour to prove.
- Meanwhile, for cinnamon butter, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper to a 40cm x 30cm rectangle. Spread the cinnamon butter evenly over the dough. Cut one third of the dough lengthways to form a 40cm x 10cm rectangle, then cut crosswise into twenty 2cm strips. Set aside.
- Scatter sultanas over remaining dough. Starting with one long side, tightly roll the dough to enclose the filling. Refrigerate for 10 mins to firm. Using a serrated knife, cut evenly into 10 scrolls.
- Arrange scrolls on the lined trays. Brush 1 side of the scrolls with egg wash and using the image as a guide, arrange two strips of dough on the scroll to form ears, pinching firmly to attach. Brush the bunny with extra egg wash. Repeat with remaining scrolls and strips of dough to form 10 bunnies. Loosely cover with cling wrap and set aside in a warm place for 30 mins to prove.
- Bake bunny scrolls for 20 minutes until golden. Cool slightly.
- To make icing, combine icing sugar and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle bunnies with glaze and decorate with yellow smarties to form eyes and pink smarties for form a nose. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to set. Serve warm or at room temperature.