Crispy Skin Salmon
Produced in partnership with Brighter, this Crispy Skin Salmon served with coconut rice and cucumber salad will be your new favourite salmon dish.
See how chef Georgia Barnes uses CSR Caster Sugar in the cucumber salad for a sweet Asian flavour that pairs perfectly with the crispy skin salmon.
- 4 x Huon salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tbsp Squeaky Gate extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- 1¾ cups water
- 400ml Ayam coconut milk
- 1 tsp Always Fresh crushed garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large continental cucumber
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large bunch coriander
- 1 tbsp Ayam sambal paste
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tbsp Ayam fish sauce
- 4 tsp CSR Caster Sugar
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Place a large frypan over medium-high heat. Dry salmon skin well with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to pan. Place salmon skin side down, pressing down on each fillet to ensure skin is flat against the base of the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side.
- Rinse rice under cold water. Place rice, water, coconut milk, garlic and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed. Stand aside for 5 mins covered to cook.
- Cut cucumber in half and remove seeds from the centre with a spoon. Finely slice and add to a bowl with onion and coriander.
- In a small bowl mix together sambal, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Pour over cucumber and toss to combine.
- Place a generous spoonful of coconut rice on each plate. Top with salmon and cucumber salad. Garnish with fried shallots. Serve warm.