Coconut Cherry Brownie
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Sister Duo Sammy & Bella from Kitchen Rescue have created the easiest, tastiest Coconut Cherry Brownie. You won’t be able to stop at just one! It tastes just like a cherry ripe combined with gooey fudgy brownie.
- 400g dried cherries, soaked in 100ml hot water
- 300g dark cooking chocolate buttons
- 150g butter
- 75g coconut oil
- 1 cup (200g) CSR Coconut Sugar
- 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cup White Wings Plain Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Soak dried cherries in boiling water in a bowl, cover with cling film and let sit for 10 mins. Drain any excess water after soaking.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Take a 35 x 20cm lamington/brownie pan and line with baking paper.
- Place chocolate buttons, coconut oil and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave until melted, in 1 minute intervals, stirring in between.
- Mix the CSR Coconut Sugar into the chocolate mixture, stirring well to dissolve any lumps. Stir in the eggs, flour, baking powder and desiccated coconut. Fold in drained cherries.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25 mins. Leave in pan to cool before cutting into squares to serve.