Christmas Cake Cookies
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
All of the flavours of Christmas in a cookie, these Christmas Cake Cookies are so easy to make.
They combine fruit mince and mixed spice into bite sized treat which are ready to eat in just 35 minutes.
- 125g butter, diced and softened
- ½ cup CSR Brown Sugar
- ½ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 ½ cups White Wings self raising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ cup pre-bought fruit mince
- 80g macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup CSR Pure Icing Sugar
- 25ml milk
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Line 2 x oven trays with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugars into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until pale and creamy. Add egg, mixing until well combined.
- Fold in combined flour and spice alternately with the fruit mince until well combined. Remove bowl from machine and fold in chopped nuts with a spoon.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into small balls and flatten slightly onto oven trays. Bake for 16 mins until golden. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- For icing, whisk together the icing sugar and milk until smooth. Allow to sit for several mins to thicken slightly if required. Dip a fork into icing and drizzle over the biscuits. Allow to set before packaging into gift boxes, or storing in an airtight container.