Chocolate Star Brownie
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Everyone gets a little chocolate star with their slice!
This Chocolate Star Brownie is made in 4 simple steps which makes it a great kids recipe.
You can substitute the chocolate stars for coloured M&Ms or candy canes at Christmas to make it festive.
- 150g butter, diced
- 150g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup CSR Brown Sugar
- ½ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup White Wings plain flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 tbsp craisins
- Dr Oetker Chocolate Stars, for decoration
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C fan-forced. Line a 20 x 20cm slice tray with baking paper.
- Place butter in a large microwave proof jug and cook in microwave for 1 min. Continue in 15 sec bursts until completely melted. Add chopped chocolate and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Using a whisk, mix in sugars until smooth, then add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Add flour and cocoa, continuing to whisk until mixture is well combined. Stir in craisins.
- Pour into prepared tray and top with the chocolate stars, pressing in slightly. Bake for 30 mins. Allow to cool in tray.