Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 12 mins
Here is your new go-to Chocolate Cookie recipe. The chocolate chunk bits in this cookie recipe are simply drool-worthy. Eat them fresh out of the oven so the chocolate chunks are gooey and warm.
- 250g butter, diced and softened
- 1 cup (200g) CSR Dark Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- ⅓ cup (80g) CSR Caster Sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups White Wings plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bi-carbonate of soda
- 400g dark cooking chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugars into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until pale and creamy. Add egg and vanilla, mixing in well.
- Add flour, baking powder and bi-carb to mixture and fold in until batter is smooth. Remove bowl from mixer stand and fold in chocolate chunks with a large spoon or by hand until well combined.
- Scoop tablespoons of mixture onto baking trays, allowing room for spreading. Refrigerate the trays for 1 hr. Keep remaining mixture in the fridge and scoop when required.
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan-forced.
- Bring chilled trays out of refrigerator and place into oven. Cook for 10-12 mins. The biscuits will still be slightly soft in the centre, they will harden on cooling. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 mins before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.