Chocolate Bunny Bottom Cupcakes
The kids will love getting into the kitchen this Easter to create these giggle-worthy Chocolate Bunny Bottom Cupcakes. Not only are they fun to make, they also taste delicious with a fudgey cupcake base and chocolate buttercream icing. Try these Chocolate Bunny Bottom Cupcakes this Easter and watch the smiles grow.
- 200g butter, diced
- 1 cup CSR Brown Sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g CSR Chocolate Buttercream Icing mixture
- 3 tsp water
- Desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C fan-forced. Line 12 x ⅓ cup capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine butter, sugar and chocolate in a saucepan and heat gently until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs into chocolate mixture one at a time, followed by vanilla, until smooth. Fold in flour and cocoa. Spoon batter between prepared paper cases. Bake for 25 mins until just cooked. Cool in pan for 5 mins before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For buttercream, place butter in a bowl and using electric beaters, mix until smooth. Add icing mix and water, mixing well. Transfer to a piping bag with a small round nozzle. Pipe in a circular motion on the top of cupcakes and decorate to resemble bunny bottoms.