Banoffee Pie Butterscotch Cupcakes
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20-25 mins
Who can say no to Banoffee Pie Butterscotch Cupcakes!?
Filled with dulce de leche and topped with CSR Butterscotch Buttercream Icing Mix - cupcakes don't get better than this! Thanks to @morganhipworth
For the banana cupcakes:
- 430 grams cake flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 165 grams CSR caster sugar
- 100 grams CSR brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 390ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 125ml grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 overripe bananas
For the filling:
- 1 jar store bought dulce de leche
For the buttercream:
- 1 pack of CSR All Natural Butterscotch Buttercream Icing Mix
- 150 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
For the toppings:
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 store bought jar of caramel
- Preheat the oven to 170℃
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine all the ingredients for the banana cupcakes and beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Line a cupcake tin with 12 patty pans and fill each patty pan up 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (you can check if the cupcakes are cooked by inserting a skewer into them, if it comes out clean then they’re cooked).
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Whilst the cupcakes are cooling prepare the CSR Buttercream as per pack instructions. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, using an apple corer remove the centre of each cupcakes and using a piping bag fitted with a 1cm round nozzle generously fill each cupcakes with dulce de leche.
- Pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake and top with a drizzle of caramel and a slice of banana. Serve and enjoy!
Special equipment required: Apple corer