Almond Chocolate Cake
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 75 mins
Your favourite baking brands have come together to create this Almond Chocolate Cake.
With a subtle mocha flavoured cake and latherings of dark chocolate ganache on top, this Almond Chocolate Cake is a stand out.
- 200g Nestlé® Bakers’ Choice® Dark Melts
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1¾ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) hot water
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cup White Wings Self Raising Flour
- ⅔ cup Nestlé® Bakers’ Choice® Baking Cocoa
- ¾ cup Sunbeam Almond Meal
- ½ cup (125ml) full cream milk
- 290g Nestlé® Bakers’ Choice® Dark Melts
- ¾ cup (180ml) thickened cream
- Dr. Oetker Chocolate Stars
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Grease and line a deep 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine dark chocolate melts, butter, caster sugar, water and instant coffee in a large saucepan over a low heat until smooth and melted. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and mix until just combined. Sift over self raising flour, cocoa, and almond meal and mix until there is still a few streaks of flour. Add milk and mix until combined.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hr and 15 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin for 10 mins before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan over a low heat, gently bring cream to a simmer. Pour over chocolate and allow to sit for 4 mins before stirring until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature and thicken to a spreadable consistency before spreading over cooled cake. Top with chocolate stars.