Tips - Meringue
Follow these tips to become the Master of Meringue.
Be mesmerised as sugar transforms into a smooth meringue that forms delicate, firm, silky smooth peaks.
- We recommend using CSR Caster Sugar as the granules dissolve quickly.
- When separating eggs, crack them one at a time into a small bowl. It’s much easier to remove shell from one egg than eight at once.
- Remember, the smallest amount of egg yolk means your egg whites won’t fluff up as well. However, if this does happen, whipping the white for a little longer normally corrects the problem.
- When whipping egg whites, take it slow and steady to prevent over whipping.
- Remember, room temperature eggs are much easier to whisk than those straight from the fridge.
- Using a pinch of cream of tartar or a few drops of lemon juice can help the process and even help prevent over whisking