Tropical Ice Cream Cake
Tropical Ice Cream Cake is the ultimate summer dessert. Our cheats version uses Greek yoghurt and doesn’t require an ice-cream maker so it’s super easy to make at home. Top it off with your favourite tropical fruits to cool down on hot summer nights.
- ¼ cup CSR Raw Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 1 mango
- 1 tbsp passionfruit pulp
- 2 extra large egg whites
- ½ cup CSR Raw Caster Sugar
- 1½ cups Greek-style yoghurt
- 250ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm cake pan with removable base, with baking paper.
- For the lime syrup; combine sugar and lime juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for several minutes until sugar has dissolved and liquid has reduced slightly. Chill. Once cold add lime rind and refrigerate until required.
- For mango puree; remove flesh from mango and puree until smooth. Mix in passionfruit pulp. Refrigerate until required.
- Place eggwhites into the bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until soft peaks have formed. Gradually add sugar a little at a time until all is incorporated.
- Place yoghurt and cream into a separate mixing bowl and beat until thickened. Gently fold in the meringue mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Divide mixture between two bowls. Add lime syrup to one bowl and fold through. Add mango puree to the other bowl, and fold together.
- Spoon lime flavoured mixture into prepared pan, then spoon over the mango mixture. Sprinkle with coconut, cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove from pan and decorate with additional fruits prior to serving.