Triple Chocolate Cookies
Deliciously satisfying and quick and easy to make, these triple chocolate cookies have a soft, slightly chewy center and are intensely chocolatey. A chocolate-lover’s dream!
The rich dark sweetness of CSR Dark Muscovado Sugar really brings out the chocolate flavour.
- 125g butter, softened
- ½ cup CSR Brown Sugar
- ½ cup CSR Muscovado Sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g dark chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 75g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line 2 large baking trays with silicon sheets or baking paper.
- Fit a stand mixer with the flat attachment. Add the butter and sugar to the bowl and beat for about 3 mins, or until light and fluffy. Then add the egg, melted chocolate and vanilla extract, beating until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- With the mixer on a low speed, add the flour mixture, one tablespoon at a time to the wet mixture and process slowly until combined. Turn the speed up and process for another 2-3 mins to form a very thick smooth dough.
- Add both the milk and white chocolate chips and process slowly until fully combined. Using either a 4cm ice cream scoop or clean hands, roll the chocolate chip dough into balls approximately 4cm wide. Place on the lined trays with a 4cm gap between each biscuit, to allow for expansion as they cook.
- Bake for 10 mins or until the top cracks but the biscuit is still soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for at least 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack.