Strawberry Syrup Pistachio Goat Cheese Cheesecake
This Strawberry Syrup Pistachio Goat Cheese Cheesecake is our take on a better-for-you cheesecake. Triple tested by the Australian Women’s Weekly, this cheesecake combines layers of goat’s cheese-based cheesecake, strawberry syrup and pistachio sesame crumble. It’s all the decadence you need to curb your sweet cravings in a better-for-you recipe.
- ½ cup (70g) pistachios, chopped coarsely
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1½ tbs white sesame seeds
- 500g strawberries, hulled, halved
- ¼ cup (55g) CSR Rapadura Sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (200g) greek-style yoghurt
- ½ cup (110g) CSR Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- To prepare the pistachio crunch, line an oven tray with baking paper. Place ingredients in a non-stick frying pan; stir over medium heat for 3 mins or until sesame seeds are golden and syrup is caramelised. Immediately spoon onto baking paper; stand until cool, then break into clusters.
- For the strawberry syrup, place ingredients in a medium frying pan over high heat. Bring to the boil; cook for 3 mins or until syrup thickens. Cool. Drain off ¼ cup (60ml) of the syrup and reserve.
- Beat cheeses, yoghurt, sugar, extract and rind in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon a third of the cheese mixture into a 1.75 litre (7-cup) glass serving dish. Top with a third of the pistachio crunch, then half the strawberry mixture. Repeat layering, ending with the remaining cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled.
- Just before serving, spoon reserved strawberry syrup over cheesecakes then top with remaining pistachio crunch.