Spiced Nut Mix
Prep: 5 Minutes
Cook: 45 Minutes
Forget buying expensive nut mixes, make it yourself with this Spiced Nut Mix recipe. This recipe by Mumma’s Country Kitchen combine sweet and spice for a delicious nutty snack.
- ½ cup CSR Muscovado Sugar
- 1 tbs sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½-2 tsp hot chilli powder (optional)
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1½ cups raw almonds
- ½ cup raw brazil nuts
- Preheat the oven to 150 ̊C. Line and lightly grease a large oven tray and set aside.
- Place the CSR Muscovado Sugar, salt and spices in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white until it is frothy. Add the nuts and spice mixture. Stir until the nuts are completely smothered in the sugar ‘n’ spice mixture.
- Place the nuts on the tray and roast for 40-45 mins, turning them once at about the 25 min mark. They are ready when they are lovely and crispy.
- Allow to cool on the tray. The nuts can be served warm or alternatively stored in an airtight container once they have completely cooled.