Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Peach Cobbler is the perfect dessert for warming up in winter.
With its warm bubbling fruit base and crunchy cobbler crust, this dessert is a delicious change from classic crumble.
- 2 cups (300g) White Wings Plain Flour
- ½ cup (110g) CSR Rapadura Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 150g cold unsalted butter, finely chopped ¾ cup (185mL) milk
- 1.5 kg yellow peaches (about 8), halved, stones removed, cut into wedges
- 2 tbs CSR Rapadura Sugar, for sprinling
- Juice of two limes
- For the cardamom crust, place the butter, panela sugar, baking powder, cardamom and salt in the bowl of your food processor and blitz for a few minutes. Add the butter and blitz again until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Tip onto a work surface, add the milk and bring together until you have a rough dough. Divide this into 8 or so small balls (don’t compact the dough too much, keep them quite light and rough), about the size of a golf ball, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and tip the peaches into a 5-6 cup capacity baking dish. Sprinkle them with the sugar and squeeze over the lime juice.
- Arrange the cardamom dough balls over the top of your peaches, sprinkle with a little extra panela sugar and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Serve straight away with cold, thin streams of cream.