Whether it’s in a stack or roll or covered with berries and cream, Pavlova is always a hit. This Pavlova Roll recipe came from Naomi for our Love, Mum eBook: “Mum developed our love of baking when we were little and I am now trying to pass on that love to
- Spray oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour, for dusting
- 4 extra large egg whites
- ¾ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 3 tsp CSR Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- Passionfruit pulp
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 31 x 22cm swiss roll or lamington tin with oil and line with baking paper, extending paper 3-4cms beyond the tray. Lightly spray paper and dust evenly with the corn flour.
- For the meringue, beat egg whites using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until dissolved. Spread meringue evenly into the prepared tray.
- For the cinnamon sugar, combine ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle evenly over the meringue and bake for 8-10 mins or until firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cover with a sheet of baking paper then turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, spread cream ⅔ of the way up the meringue from the short side and scatter with chosen fruits. Using the baking paper underneath as a guide, roll the meringue from the short end up to form a roll. Place onto a serving platter and serve immediately.