Orange Poppy Seed Loaf
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 50 mins
Whether it’s in a cake, loaf or muffin, Orange Poppy Seed is always a hit in baking. Create our Orange Poppy Seed Loaf with just 7 ingredients in 60 minutes for a 10/10 taste.
- 175g butter, diced and softened
- ¾ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1½ cups White Wings self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease and line a 10 x 20cm loaf tin.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and orange rind in the bowl of an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Fold in the flour and poppy seeds, followed by the milk and juice. Continue mixing until batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 50 mins until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool for 15 mins before removing from tin and cooling completely on a wire rack.