Moist Fruit Cake – Egg Free
Not as rich as other fruit cakes, this cake has a wonderful light texture and is crumbly and moist too.
- 125g butter
- 1 1/2 cups CSR White Sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 400-500g dried fruit mix
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups wheaten cornflour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C and grease or line with baking-paper a non-stick 23cm cake tin.
- Boil butter, CSR White Sugar, milk and fruit in a saucepan for 5 minutes, then let the mixture rest.
- When cool, mix in rest of ingredients.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin. Bake for 1hr 45mins to 2 hrs, remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool before eating.