Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Want to teach kids about baking? Start with a fun and easy recipe like these MnM Cookies. The recipe has just 6 ingredients and bakes in 15 minutes, making these MnM Cookies a quick and easy recipe to follow.
- 135g salted butter
- 3/4 cup CSR Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups White Wings self-raising flour
- 180g bag M&Ms
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Place butter into a small microwave proof bowl. Microwave at 10 second intervals until butter is softened, but not melted.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar on high speed using an electric mixer with a flat beater for 5 min, or until light and fluffy. Reduce to low and add egg and vanilla extract, beating until well combined.
- Add flour to the mixture, one tablespoon at a time (every now and then, turn mixer onto high to combine ingredients, then return back to low and continue adding flour). Remove bowl from the mixer and fold through 3/4 of the M&Ms.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a ball. Place ball on the oven tray. Repeat until you have used all of the mixture (make sure you leave room in between each ball, as they flatten out as they cook). Press 3 different coloured M&Ms onto the top of each ball of dough.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until cooked through. Leave to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a cooling rack.