Prep: 45 mins
Cook: 120 mins
Home made Mango Chutney is so versatile. Put your old mangoes to good use to create this spiced Mango Chutney recipe. Serve it with barbeque prawns, Pork or as a spread in a chicken sandwich.
- 2 cups CSR White Sugar
- 1½ litres apple cider vinegar
- 4 brown onions, peeled and diced
- 5 green apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup glace ginger, grated
- 1½ kgs mango, peeled and diced or frozen pieces
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp salt
- Place the white sugar and half the vinegar in a large heavy bases pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to a summer and cook for 5 mins or until the liquid has thickened into a syrup.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the syrup and mix well.
- Add remainder of vinegar to taste.
- Bring to a summer for approx. 2 hrs stirring frequency to avoid it catching on the base of the pot.
- Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized jars and seal.