Lemon Blueberry Cheesecakes
We bet you’ve never used lemons like this before. Inside these hollowed out lemons are delicious cheesecakes topped with cream and blueberry. Try this simple but stunning Lemon Blueberry Cheesecakes recipe create by the Sydney Food Sisters for your next dinner party.`
NOTE: The cheesecake filling can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container and the lemons can be prepared ahead and stored in the fridge, however it is best to assemble the cheesecakes just before serving, otherwise the cheesecake filling will take on the bitter flavour of the lemon pith.
- 8 medium sized lemons
- 4 scotch finger biscuits
- 500g cream cheese, room temperature
- 120g CSR Pure Icing Sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 450ml double cream
- 1 punnet blueberries
- CSR Pure Icing Sugar, for dusting
- To prepare the lemons, cut the lemon tops off, approximately 2 cm from the top. Using a sharp knife or spoon, scoop out the contents of the lemons to create a hollow vessel. If the bottoms need flattening to help them stand, slice a thin layer of the lemon bottom off, ensuring you don’t cut through the hollow part. (The lemon contents can be juiced and stored in the fridge).
- Place the scotch finger biscuits in a small food processor and process to crumbs. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice and vanilla bean paste in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat all the ingredients together until the cream cheese is smooth and all ingredients are well combined.
- Place the double cream in a separate bowl and using a hand whisk, whisk the cream until very thick peaks form. It is important that the cream is thick to ensure the cheesecake mixture holds its form. Fold the double cream into the cheese mixture until well combined. Fold the blueberries through the mixture gently.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag without a nozzle. Pipe mixture into the lemons. Sprinkle with biscuit crumbs and a dusting of pure icing sugar. Serve immediately.