Prep: 260 mins
Let the nostalgia sink in with a bite into this Jelly Slice. This iconic triple layered slice of biscuit, cream cheese filling and jelly top is a favourite with big and little kids alike.
- 85g packet raspberry or strawberry flavoured jelly crystals
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 250g sweet biscuits
- 150g butter, diced and melted
- 250g cream cheese, diced and softened
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- ½ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare jelly to pack direction and allow to cool. Lined a 22 x 22cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Sprinkle gelatine over warm water and stir to dissolve. Microwave for 30 seconds and set aside to cool.
- Place biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs have formed. Add melted butter and mix until well combined. Press firmly into the lined slice tin. Refrigerate until set.
- Combine cream cheese, yoghurt, sugar and lemon juice in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until smooth. Gradually add gelatine mixture, ensuring it mixes in well.
- Pour over biscuit layer and refrigerate for 1 hr or until well set. Pour cooled jelly over the back of a spoon onto cheesecake layer. Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs or until well set. Cut into slices and serve.