Green Mango Prawn Salad
Summer dinners are sorted with this Green Mango Prawn Salad. Prepared in under 20 minutes, this salad is a fresh combination of sweet mangoes, crunchy macadamia nuts and a zingy Asian dressing. Buy the prawns cooked to save time or try your hand in cooking them on the barbecue.
- 2 green mangos, julienned (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced in thin strips
- 500g cooked prawns, peeled
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, halved
- 1 finger lime, pearls extracted (optional)
- 100ml lime juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- Place the green mango, coriander, mint, red onion and shallots in a large bowl. Lightly toss to evenly combine all the ingredients.
- Place the prawns on top, sprinkle the macadamia nuts and the finger lime pearls over the salad.
- To make the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients in a small jar. Shake until well combined, and the sugar has dissolved slightly. Pour the dressing over the salad.