Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing
Tried and tested, our Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing are a bit hit. We’ve chosen strawberry buttercream icing on top, but you have your choice of chocolate, vanilla or strawberry thanks to CSR All Natural Buttercream Icing Mix.
- 125g White Wings Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) CSR Raw Caster Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla flavour
- 120g sour cream
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g CSR Strawberry Buttercream Icing mixture
- 3 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Line a 12 capacity muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Add in sour cream and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add the dry to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners. Bake for 18-22 mins or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- For buttercream, place butter in a bowl and using electric beaters, mix until smooth. Add icing mix and water, mixing well. Transfer to a piping bag with a small star nozzle. Pipe small swirls on the top of cupcake.