Fuss Free Lamington Fingers
Prep: 40 mins
Cook: 10 mins
These Lamington Fingers are based on a super simple, super quick, one-bowl butter cake recipe that requires no fuss at all. It is baked in a thin layer and then cut into fingers so there is plenty to share!
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tbsp CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Cooking spray
- 3 x 50g eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup White Wings Wholemeal Plain Flour
- To make the sponge, Preheat oven to 180ºC (fan-forced). Spray an 18 x 28cm (base measurement) slab pan with cooking spray and line with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang the sides.
- Using electric beaters, whisk the eggs, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a medium bowl for 8-10 mins or until egg mixture is thick and pale. Sift the flour over egg mixture and fold in until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan and carefully smooth out the surface. Bake for 10 mins or until just cooked. Set aside in the pan for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut the sponge into 12 pieces. Put the cocoa, icing sugar and water in a shallow dish. Stir until well combined and the sugar is dissolved. Place the coconut on a large plate. Brush the cocoa mixture all over the sponge then coat sponge in coconut, shaking off any excess. Transfer to an airtight container lined with greaseproof paper. Repeat with the remaining sponge.