Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 20 Minutes
Traditionally used on decorative cakes and biscuits, Fondant Icing can be a bit tricky so we recommend following our recipe to a T!
- 7 cups CSR Pure Icing Sugar, sifted
- 1 tbs gelatine powder
- 1 1/2 tbs glycerine
- 1/2 cup glucose syrup or corn syrup
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift CSR Pure Icing Sugar into a large non-metal bowl and then make a well in the centre.
- In a small saucepan, add water and gelatine. Dissolve the gelatine over a low heat, but don't let it boil.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and add the glucose syrup and glycerine. Stir until combined.
- Add vanilla essence. Pour the gelatine mixture into the CSR Pure Icing Sugar and stir until combined.
- Knead the icing so that it is well combined and smooth.
- Roll with a rolling pin to desired thickness and decorate your cooking creations.