Easter Chicks Cupcakes
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 22 mins
Create some memories in the kitchen this Easter with the kids to make these Easter Chicks Cupcakes. These cute chicks cupcakes use All Natural Buttercream Icing Mix and lollies, plus a bit of imagination, to decorate.
- 125g butter, diced and softened
- ¾ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g CSR Vanilla Buttercream Icing mixture
- 3 tsp water
- 2-3 drops yellow food colouring
- White choc buttons
- Edible eyes
- Assorted decorating sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Line 12, ⅓ cup capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Place butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer, beating until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Fold in flours and milk alternately until combined and mixture is smooth. Spoon mixture between patty cases and bake for 20-22 mins until just golden and top springs back when pressed. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For buttercream, place butter in a bowl and using electric beaters, mix until smooth. Add icing mix, water and food colouring, mixing well. Transfer to a piping bag with a small star nozzle. Pipe small swirls on the top of cupcake and decorate to resemble a chicken.