Donna Hay Oat and Coconut Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
“These Oat and Coconut Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches remind me of a favourite from my childhood… only way better. Caramelly, crispy oat cookies sandwiched with a smooth chocolate filling. It’s hard to stop at just one.” – Donna Hay
- ½ cup (45g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup (185g) almond butter
- ¼ cup (30g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ cup (75g) CSR Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- 100g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup (60g) almond butter
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Combine oats, coconut, almond butter, almond meal, coconut sugar, maple and vanilla in a bowl and mix well to combine. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls and place, about 3cm (1 inch) apart, on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on tray.
- While biscuits are cooking, make the chocolate ganache filling. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, stir through the almond butter. Chill for 10 minutes or until it becomes a spreadable consistency.
- Sandwich the cooled biscuits together with the ganache and store in an airtight container in the fridge.