Donna Hay Baked Chocolate Tofu Cheesecake
Don’t let the tofu scare you. This cheesecake has a chocolatey rich mousse-like texture that is absolutely amazing. The perfect recipe to have up your sleeve for any vegan or dairy-free friend.
This Baked Chocolate Tofu Cheesecake recipe is from Australian food stylist, author and magazine editor – Donna Hay.
- ⅔ cup (50g) desiccated coconut
- ⅔ cup (160g) cashew butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- 500g silken tofu, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup (160g) CSR Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 200g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1½ tbsp Cornflour White Wings Cornflour
- Blueberries, halved
- Whipped coconut cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line a 22cm (8½ inch) round springform cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- To make the base, combine the coconut, cashew butter and maple. Press into the prepared tin and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- To make the filling, place the tofu, brown sugar, chocolate, cocoa and cornflour into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Pour over the base and bake for 30 minutes or until just set.
- Set aside for 30 minutes, then chill for 2 hours or until cold. Serve in wedges with blueberries and whipped coconut cream.