Country Women’s Association of Victoria Scones with 7 Minute Jam
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 27 mins
The Country Women’s Association of Victoria are renowned for their Scones with Jam recipe. Recreate their classic recipe including a 7-minute raspberry jam, to share with family, friends and neighbours.
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 300ml cream
- 300ml milk
- A good pinch of salt
- 1kg fresh or frozen raspberries
- 750gm CSR White Sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Grease and flour a tray.
- Sift self-raising flour and pinch of salt.
- Combine cream and milk. Add to flour and mix to form a soft dough (not too dry).
- Place on a lightly floured board and pat out to a thickness of approx. 2.5cm. Cut with a floured scone cutter. Don’t twist the cutter when cutting as you will get an uneven scone.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden.
- In a medium sized pot, add raspberries and bring to the boil.
- While boiling, gradually add the white sugar, continuously stirring to dissolve. White sugar can be warmed a little in the oven first to help it dissolve quicker.
- Add lemon juice. Boil for 7 mins and bottle.