Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
A childhood favourite, Coconut Ice takes 4 simple steps so you can re-live those childhood memories today.
- 100g butter
- 1 cup milk
- 6 cups CSR Pure Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp coconut essence
- Grease a 20 x 20cm baking tin.
- Place the butter, milk, CSR Pure Icing Sugar and salt in a medium-sized saucepan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and continue to stir occasionally until the mixture reaches soft-ball stage (120°C).
- Add the coconut and coconut essence and remove from the heat. Cool for 5–10 mins, then beat until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into the prepared tin and allow to cool before cut into squares.