Cinnamon Crunch Apple Cake
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 55 mins
A sprinkle of CSR Demerara Sugar transforms this easy apple cake into a Cinnamon Crunch Apple Cake. With beautifully arranges pieces of apple and a crunchy top, this cake is sure to be a crowd pleasure.
- 125g butter, diced and softened
- ½ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- ¼ cup CSR Demerara Sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 small granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp CSR Demerara Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cream or ice-cream, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C fan-forced. Grease and line the base of a 23cm fluted round pan with removable base.
- Place butter and sugars into the bowl of an electric beater. Beat until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add sour cream and vanilla, mixing well. Fold in flour and baking powder, mixing until batter is smooth. Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Toss apple slices with the lemon juice. Combine Demerara sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Arrange apple slices around the outer edge of the batter and then within the centre. Sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture and bake for 50-55 mins. The middle will be just cooked. Allow to cool slightly before removing the outer rim of the pan. Serve warm with cream or ice-cream.