Chocolate Raspberry Kisses
Prep: 50 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Kisses that taste of Chocolate and Raspberry! This treat is a fun recipe to bake on the weekend and enjoy with the whole family.
Chocolate Cake Mix:
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (110g) firmly packed CSR Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (110g) White Wings Plain Flour
- 1⁄3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (35g) White Wings Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ⅔ cup (160ml) buttermilk
Raspberry Butter Cream:
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups (480g) CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- 1 tbsp milk
- pink food colouring
- 10 fresh raspberries (45g), crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) pouring cream
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat in sifted dry ingredients and buttermilk, on low speed, until mixture is smooth.
- Drop scant tablespoons of mixture about 5cm apart onto trays. Bake cakes about 10 minutes. Cool on trays.
- Make the raspberry butter cream by beating butter in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat in sifted icing sugar and milk. Tint pink with colouring; stir in raspberries.
- To make the chocolate ganache, bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until smooth.
- Spoon butter cream into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm fluted tube. Pipe butter cream on the flat side of half the cooled cakes.
- Spread ganache over rounded side of remaining cooled cakes. Place on top of butter cream. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.
- If you are wanting to bake-ahead, unfilled cakes can be frozen for up to 2 months. Kisses, once filled, should be served within several hours.