Chocolate Gingerbread Men
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Choc Gingerbread Men make a great present or treat for someone special. Get your junior chefs to help with rolling out the dough and decorating the Chocolate gingerbread Men with smiling face.
- 125g butter, softened
- ½ cup CSR Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ cup CSR Golden Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2¾ cups White Wings plain flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1½ cups CSR Pure Icing Sugar, sifted
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Prepare baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat well until creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Fold in flour, cocoa, bi-carb and ginger. Mixing well. Form dough into a flattened disc, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and roll to 5mm thickness. Using preferred cutters, cut shapes and place onto oven trays. Bake for 12-15 mins until firm and cooked through. Allow to cool on tray for 5 mins before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, whisk all ingredients together and sit for several mins to thicken slightly. Transfer to a piping bag with a fine nozzle and decorate biscuits.