Chocolate Coconut Slice
We all have that one friend who says they make the best slice.
Now you can give them a run for their money with this chocolate coconut slice.
With it’s moist slice base and rich chocolate coat, they won’t know you made something so tasty in only 30 minutes.
- 125g butter, melted
- 200g CSR Brown Sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut, plus extra to decorate
- 1 cup CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp (10g) butter
- 1½ tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease and line a rectangular slice tin (19cm x 29cm) with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix well, stir in coconut.
- Spread mixture into tin and bake for approx. 20-25 mins or until firm.
- Remove from oven and spread with Rich Chocolate Icing while slice is still hot, then sprinkle with extra coconut. Allow to cool before cutting - slice should be slightly chewy.
- For the Icing, mix soft icing mixture and cocoa powder into a bowl, add butter and hot water, mix well until smooth. Icing should spread easily, if it is too thick add a little more hot water to allow it to spread well.