Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
This chocolate biscotti recipe is perfect with a cup of espresso. For a richer flavor try CSR Raw Sugar.
- 100g butter
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (250g) CSR White Sugar
- 1 cup (150g) blanched almonds or nuts of your choice, coarsely chopped
- 150g chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, mix butter, flour, baking powder and sugar. Add the nuts and chocolate and eggs mixing until it just forms a workable dough. Form into one or two long sausage shapes. Bake for 25-30 mins.
- Remove from the oven and turn it off. Cool for 10 mins. Using a serrated knife, slice on an angle into individual wafers, about 5mm thick.
- Lay the slices flat on a baking sheet and return to the oven to dry for approximately 5-10 mins.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.