Chilli Ginger Jam
Prep: Chilli Ginger Jam
Cook: 20 mins
Servings: 350 mins
Perfect on a toastie, with your favourite stir fry or just on a cheese and salad sandwich. This chilli ginger jam will add a little zing to your day.
CSR Raw Caster Sugar adds a soft caramel backdrop to this spicy chilli ginger jam.
- 3 red capsicums, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 10 long red chillis, seeds in and roughly chopped
- 4 bullet (Thai) red chillis, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 8 medium garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 750g CSR Raw Caster Sugar
- 30g sea salt or pink salt crystals
- 250g red wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- Add the chillies, ginger, capsicum and garlic to a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- In a large heavy-based pan, add the chilli mixture, CSR Raw Caster Sugar and all the other ingredients, stir well.
- Bring to the boil, then skim any scum from the surface, reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 45-50 mins, stirring often, until thick, bubbling and syrupy.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little. Spoon into sterilised jars and seal while still hot.