Brown Bread Crumble Ice Cream
Step aside Ben & Jerry’s. Our home-made Brown Bread Crumble Ice Cream blend will top any store bought tub! Plus it can be molded into a cake tin for an epic birthday cake.
Tip: The Butterscotch sauce be stored in the fridge for up to a week. Makes 3 cups.
- 3 thick slices brown bread
- 1 cup CSR Brown Sugar
- 50g butter, melted
- 2L vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups CSR Brown Sugar
- 50g butter
- 150ml cream
- 1 tsp caramel or vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray or roasting dish with baking paper.
- Place slices of brown bread in food processor. Run machine to make breadcrumbs. Add CSR Brown Sugar and melted butter.
- Pour onto prepared oven tray and bake for 15 to 20 mins, until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Soften the vanilla ice cream at room temperature or in the microwave, until it can be stirred, but still firm. Mix in the brown bread crumble and the vanilla essence, then return to the freezer for at least 2 hrs.
- To make sauce, combine ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil then turn down heat and simmer for 5 mins stirring often.
- Serve ice cream with butterscotch sauce.