Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 80 mins
Banana Bread is the most searched recipe and it’s not hard to understand why.
A wholesome snack that is so easy to make, our Banana Bread is also dairy-free and nut-free. Plus, your old ripened bananas can be put to good use.
- 2 cups plain flour
- ¾ cup CSR Rapadura Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 extra large eggs
- ¾ cup rice bran or sunflower oil
- 3-4 (approx 400g) very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut, for decorating
- Pre-heat oven to 140°C fan-forced. Line a 10 x 20cm, 7cm deep loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl. Separately whisk together the eggs and oil. Mix in the bananas and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan, sprinkle with some coconut and bake for 1 hr 20 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.