Baked Nut Muesli with Berries
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 18 mins
Our baked nut muesli with berries is easy and grain-free, making this a delicious, filling and healthier alternative for breakfast! Make over the weekend, to enjoy for quick breakfasts throughout the week too.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp CSR Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 3 tbsp linseed or linseed meal
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp black chia seed
- ½ tsp sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a large shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the coconut oil in a small deep microwave proof dish, cover and microwave on low for about 15 sec or until the coconut oil melts. Stir the tahini into the warm coconut oil.
- Except for the chai seed, place all the seeds, nuts and CSR Coconut Sugar, in a large bowl. Pour in the coconut oil and tahini mixture and stir until fully coated.
- Spread the nut mixture out in a thin layer on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 min, remove, stir and return to the oven for a further 6-8 min or until lightly toasted and golden. Remove from the oven allow to cool fully. Stir through the chia seed and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Serve with fresh berries, banana or any other fruit you like, and either milk, yoghurt or kefir.